Re: Photo: Interstate Gondola 10144 (1930)

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bob, Schuyler, and List Members,

Upon checking thru my records, it appears I (and potentially "we" as a list... ) have run into this image before. My notes indicate INT 10144 is a 36ft drop bottom gon and is part of series 10000-10199 and is ex-DRGW. I did NOT make any record of where I learned this info, so I offer this info as 'source unknown' and worth what you paid me for it.

Zooming in on the image, the car is stencilled as BUILT NEW 1-1913

Further, I will point out that the metadata text at the page indicates the following additional info which I have not seen before...

Former owner: Westmoreland Coal Company
Originator: Interstate Railroad Company

Anyone know how it is that Westmoreland Coal Company fits into this equation?

Claus Schlund