Re: NJI&I to Wabash at Pine - Part 5 & Last

Gary Roe

Eric,

I am not real familiar with the industries in South Bend; but I do know there was an ARMCO plant there.  My guess is that the siding was metal; but could have been more of an industrial or agricultural type, rather than housing.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 04:44:01 PM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

I wonder if the siding loads are wood or metal. I assume they are housing siding.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 04/18/2021 7:22 AM Gary Roe <wabashrr@...> wrote:

Here is the last installment of "Daily Interchange Report of Cars" from the NJI&I to the Wabash at Pine in 1953.  The following list is dated 07May53.  All cars originated at South Bend.  I am showing Initials, Number, Destination, Contents.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

These cars were left between 10:45P and Midnight for pick up by Westbound Train 89 (Montpelier, OH to Chicago), expected at Pine around 7A on 08May.

T&P   19065   Fort Madison IA     Pipe
ATSF  146225  Chicago IL          Empty
PLE   12846   Chicago IL          Pipe
EJE   6157    Burnsville MN       Tractors
Milw  592206  Chicago IL          Empty
CB&Q  31802   Chicago IL          Empty
Milw  25624   Dallas TX           Siding
IC    20250   Denver CO           Siding
NP    12857   Chicago IL          Empty
Wab   12544   Barstow CA          Autos
Wab   12572   Barstow CA          Autos
ATSF  7127    Eau Claire WI       Autos