From: Jim Ogden
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 7:20 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Mun-Roe was Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

It’s MUN-roe only inside the city limits but if you go to Bastrop or Rayville (BAA strup, RAY-vul) we pronounce it Mun-ROE.  For the record, I am from Mer Rouge (mur-ROUGE thirty miles north.  My rule is to come across like a native, pronounce it wrong.

Monroe is on the old MoPac and IC.  Shorelines were the A&LM plus logging and industrial switching at paper mills or logging operations.

Jim Ogden