looking at the string of cars, going from left to right

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I've spent a little time taking in and enjoying the scene linked below...

The image comes from the Barriger collection, and the link to the original is https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12445170744/ , but I recommend you NOT spend too much time looking at the original since it is mirror-reversed. I have corrected that in the link I am presenting.

I'm not an expert, but looking at the string of cars, going from left to right, I'd suggest we have the following...

(1) C&O offset side twin hopper
(2) C&O offset side twin hopper
(3) Unknown to me 50ft steel auto boxcar - thoughts on this?
(4) C&O twin hopper, looks similar to the USRA design
(5) C&O offset side twin hopper
(6) MILW 40ft steel horizontal-ribbed boxcar
(7) C&O 40ft gon
(8) L&N 40ft gon
(9) C&O offset side twin hopper
(10) Unknown to me twin hopper - herald makes me think B&O maybe? Thoughts?

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund