Re: NJI&I to Wabash at Pine - Part 5 & Last

Schuyler Larrabee

Armco = metal siding.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Roe
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 7:03 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NJI&I to Wabash at Pine - Part 5 & Last

Eric,

I am not real familiar with the industries in South Bend; but I do know there was an ARMCO plant there.  My guess is that the siding was metal; but could have been more of an industrial or agricultural type, rather than housing.

gary roe

quincy, illinois

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 04:44:01 PM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

I wonder if the siding loads are wood or metal. I assume they are housing siding.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 04/18/2021 7:22 AM Gary Roe <wabashrr@...> wrote:

Here is the last installment of "Daily Interchange Report of Cars" from the NJI&I to the Wabash at Pine in 1953.  The following list is dated 07May53.  All cars originated at South Bend.  I am showing Initials, Number, Destination, Contents.

gary roe

quincy, illinois

These cars were left between 10:45P and Midnight for pick up by Westbound Train 89 (Montpelier, OH to Chicago), expected at Pine around 7A on 08May.

T&P   19065   Fort Madison IA     Pipe

ATSF  146225  Chicago IL          Empty

PLE   12846   Chicago IL          Pipe

EJE   6157    Burnsville MN       Tractors

Milw  592206  Chicago IL          Empty

CB&Q  31802   Chicago IL          Empty

Milw  25624   Dallas TX           Siding

IC    20250   Denver CO           Siding

NP    12857   Chicago IL          Empty

Wab   12544   Barstow CA          Autos

Wab   12572   Barstow CA          Autos

ATSF  7127    Eau Claire WI       Autos