Re: PRR G25, X40 and F37

mopacfirst

Hope somebody will humor me, but I'm interested in the X40 cars despite the fact that I'll never build a model of one, one reason being that I doubt that one of them ever visited my obscure secondary main line in Kansas.  I believe the X40c was the fire engine delivery car, which has been discussed here several times.  But I'd be curious as to what the others were intended for, other than pushing the envelope on freight car design.  I see by the prr.railfan.net site that they had a fairly long life,  but since only 110 were ever built, they may have been an evolutionary dead end.

I did recently pick up a Sunshine X41 (basically the same car, but 50'), which would perhaps be more likely to have made it out my way.

Ron Merrick