Re: Photos: GATX/DuPont Tank Car 63321 (Circa 1940s)

Benjamin Hom

Kevin Lafferty asked:
"Time to pull out the way back machine. This may be a hopeless request, but in searching for additional info on these DuPont 3K gallon lead yank cars I found a reference to a May 1960 RMC article about scratch building a 3K gallon tank car by Chuck [Yungkurth]. The earliest RMCs I have are '64 and most on-line dealers believe these old magazines were printed on Unobtainium. Does anyone possibly remember this article and is it worth the cost of obtaining a copy?"

eBay turned up two listings for the May 1960 RMC:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Model-Craftsman-Magazine-May-1960-RMC-Plate-Girder-Bridges/184663096667 ($7.95 + shipping)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Model-Craftsman-Magazine-1960-May-RMC-Plate-girder-bridges-3000-Gal-tan/392873236750  ($5 + shipping)

Ben Hom