Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photos: Boxcar Cleaning Equipment

Philip Dove

How would it sweep or clean past the door apertures?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 19:05, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Group;

From what I’ve been able to glean, this is PRR’s attempt at (or documentation of) more automated box car cleaning, in this case, for GN cars.

PRR was having a hard time absorbing costs from cleaning up cars arriving dirty inside, or with significant need after unloading, and was certainly looking for solutions.

It appears to be a spray bar arrangement on a pivot.  Maybe on a dedicated clean-out track with that track.  I know of nowhere on PRR that they had this.  Can anyone ID?

Elden Gatwood