Re: Photos: GATX/DuPont Tank Car 63321 (Circa 1940s)

Allan Smith

I have a copy of RMC May 1960. As soon as I can I will dig it out and send a copy of the article. It will be a few days as I am helping wire a house for a backup generator, should finish tomorrow. I can have the copy to you by Thursday. If you will send me your Email address I will send it directly to you.

Al Smith
Sonora CA
Smithal9@...

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 01:27:33 PM PDT, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Kevin Lafferty asked:
"Time to pull out the way back machine. This may be a hopeless request, but in searching for additional info on these DuPont 3K gallon lead yank cars I found a reference to a May 1960 RMC article about scratch building a 3K gallon tank car by Chuck [Yungkurth]. The earliest RMCs I have are '64 and most on-line dealers believe these old magazines were printed on Unobtainium. Does anyone possibly remember this article and is it worth the cost of obtaining a copy?"

eBay turned up two listings for the May 1960 RMC:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Model-Craftsman-Magazine-May-1960-RMC-Plate-Girder-Bridges/184663096667 ($7.95 + shipping)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Model-Craftsman-Magazine-1960-May-RMC-Plate-girder-bridges-3000-Gal-tan/392873236750  ($5 + shipping)

Ben Hom