Re: NJI&I to Wabash at Pine - Part 5 & Last

Andy Laurent

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:19 AM, Justin Zukas wrote:
The tractor load may have been a load of Oliver 99's from Oliver's "plant two". They were a high horsepower tractor for the time and popular in the great plains states. The 99 and a couple years of the 44 were the only Oliver tractors made in South Bend as opposed to the main plant in Iowa.
Justin, I did not realize that 99s and 44s were made in South Bend.  I'm aware of Plant 2 on Walnut Street, but thought all tractor production was in Charles City.  Thanks for the info!

Andy L.
Madison, WI