Re: Fort Dodge, Des Moines & Southern Ventilated Refrigerator 942

Brian Carlson

Yep. I figured that out after I sent my email. I got confused because the first sentence of Lester’s blog talks about ventilated box cars. It was relatively early here and I’m gonna blame it on the fact I was not awake yet. LOL

Brian J. Carlson

On May 1, 2021, at 2:09 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Brian Carlson wrote:

Interesting, but I do have one question. Eric‘s presentation was on ventilated box cars. This looks like a normal refrigerator car. Why was it classified as a ventilated box car?

It's a ventilated refrigerator car, not a ventilated box. This was a common designation before 1950. It refers to ventilation with hatches open, not with ventilation through the door opening.

Tony Thompson