Re: Photo: Unloading A Fire Tuck

Clarence Zink

I've got to agree with Andy Laurent that the flat car is being used as an "end loading ramp".

Notice the end of the flatcar up against the boxcar seems to be supported by blocking, to elevate that end almost to the level of the boxcar the truck is coming out of.  And it appears that even with the receiving end of the flat car elevated by blocking, it is still 6 or 8 inches lower than the floor of the boxcar.

Since we cannot see the left (discharge) end of the flat car, who knows what is actually happening?  Gives us "modeling license" to do whatever we think is appropriate.  IF somebody can figure exactly what the Walla Walla facility consisted of, then it can be modeled accurately.

CRZ