Re: SP Freight Car Color.

John Barry

Chris,

Definitely post war. I don't recall precisely the date that ACL started with the conspicuoty markings but I think it was around 1950. The Santa Fe car looks like it is in the post '47 redder shade of Santa Fe Brown. It is a Bx-46 rebuilt from a Bx-9 or 10 1945-46.

Good color comparison for mid fifties modelers.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Saturday, May 1, 2021, 09:41:46 AM EDT, Chris Barkan <cplbarkan@...> wrote:

Attached is a photo of boxcars from five different roads, NH, B&O, ACL, SP and ATSF, lined up on what looks like a team track in Dallas, TX.  I don't know the exact year or photographer but it offers a nice comparison of these road's various freight car colors in comparison to the SP, and to one another.
--
Chris Barkan
Champaign, IL