Re: LS&I 1755 flat with wood load in 1929

Eric Hansmann

Possibly pulpwood.

The image description notes the following:

In addition to the ore industry, Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company was also involved in the forest products and chemical industries. The company owned 330,000 acres of timberland on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

The logs on the car seem to be special cut partial logs. This might be headed for a chemical plant to be brewed and broken down into other products.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN