Re: C&NW 81226 36ft ds trussrod box in Mexico 1922

Schuyler Larrabee

Claus, I think that says Barley MIX, not MEX.  And the wood which appears to be nailed on?  I think the consigners we worried that the door would flex enough to let the load leak out at the bottom sides of the doors, so they improvised a “clamp” to hold it tight.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 3:36 PM
To: STMFC <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] C&NW 81226 36ft ds trussrod box in Mexico 1922

Hi List Members,

C&NW 81226 36ft ds trussrod box in Mexico 1922, Is there a temporary repair or other expedient on the lower part of the door? Perhaps to deal with a broken door mechanism? Note the chalk mark that might read "Barley Mex" but I could be wrong.

We also get partial views of boxcar SP 21580 and a ss C&NW boxcar.

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund