From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2021 10:16 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Work crew emptying gon with shovels (was L&N 51098)

Hi List Members,

A few days back we were looking over an image that had (among other interesting things) a scene where workers were shoveling coal out of a gon into waiting coal trucks.

The image below also has this same theme going on - perhaps this is not coal (it seems light-colored), and the coal truck is replaced by a horse drawn cart, but the work is the same! Too bad we cannot identify the gon... altho if I let my imagination help me a little, I think I can discern PRR on the gon end. The locomotive might be a PRR class H1/H2/H3 coming toward us. This is all happening at the Pennsylvania Depot, Wolcott, Indiana, 1908

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund