From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 1:08 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] WCHX type X tank car

Andy and Friends,

W.C. Haftner Co., operating 99 cars in 1958. According to my 1958 ORER listing, this is from series 4065 to 4102, an ICC 103 type, with a capacity of 4,500 gallons. A note says this car has an aluminum tank. I'm not buying that. Likely this photo is from before 1958, and had been replaced by a newer car using the same number.

Or could that be 4055? If so, it was off the roster by 1958, as there is no car with that number listed. Anybody with an earlier ORER want to take a swing at this one?

Nice photo though. Very interesting car.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 11:16 AM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Maybe this has been shared before, but a color shot of a framed type X tank car in LA's Taylor yard deserves some re-viewing. WCHX 4095 with AB brakes, believed to be circa 1958.

Inline image

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA