Andy,
That link doesn't work.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 03:36:24 PM EDT, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

One more ride on the horse from me advising the use of the Branchline Models' Yardmaster '37 AAR kit; its use for a Chad Buckeye end. Unlike the other two formerly easily available '37 AAR box car kits, the Yardmaster features an earlier single stringer under frame. The molded on parts have the most problematic portions for removal done by the use of mold-on-free replacement ends, as the  end ladders and brakes are the most challenging part of a Richard Hendrickson level of redetailing, as the sides need ladders and bracket grabs removed from a flat field, being the simplist (easiest) of the parts removal. The roof is also a separate part, facilitating using a Viking roof or a flat panel roof, and not to forget its very good rectangular panel roof which is much better than the poor Intermountain '37 raised panel roof. Be sure to save this Yardmaster roof if one's project uses a replacement roof! The end replacement of a square corner 4/5 Dreadnaught resin end (without molded on details) is also being made by me and possible use of a Details associates Dreadnaught end.

I intend to send a photo in a few days of a new resin flat panel roof to this site. Hutchins roofs can be salvaged from an Accurail Canadian 40' SS box car kit. This style of project work is the kind which folks like Ben Hom enjoy due to kit bashing with available alternate parts.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:09:43 AM PDT, irv_thomae <irvthomae@...> wrote:

As many reading this will already know, anyone trying to model Erie's mid-1936 lot of 500 "1937 AAR" 10' IH boxcars will quickly encounter the problem of finding Buckeye ends for them.   About a month ago, I asked Chad Boas if he had any of the appropriate size, and his answer basically was "No, but I might be able to make some."   Fortunately excellent documentation was available in RP CYC #35, which includes both a dimensioned drawing and a very clear end-on photograph.

   Yesterday afternoon, I received a photo from Chad showing a pair of resin Buckeye ends. You can find ordering and shipping information on his general price list at <http://resincarworks.com/boas_kitlist_201506.pdf>  The new Buckeye ends aren't on that list yet, but he's pricing them just like his other boxcar ends, and he said he'd be happy to have me "pass the word."

  (I do plan to cross-post this info two other relevant groups, but I have no business connection with Chad except as a customer.)

Irv