Re: New HO scale freight car kits

Tim O'Connor

Ken, here is another repaint that appears to have received black paint on the ends or it is
the original paint, and they just left it alone. I've seen many partial repaints of freight cars!

Tim O'Connor

On 5/10/2021 1:56 PM, Ken Soroos wrote:
Hi Scott -

The Soo Line introduced its 4’ block billboard lettering on new 40’ boxcars during its 1951 production run at its North Fond du Lac Shops, WI.  I’ll try to attach a photo of one of the 1940 Wisconsin Central cars repainted with this lettering in 1952.  Surprisingly, it seems to have been repainted with black ends, which were eliminated during new car production in 1951.  The weigh date information is “AX 2 52.”  AX is the shop designation for Stevens Point, WI.

=======================
Ken, out of curiosity do you know the dates when the lettering changed on the cars?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

On May 7, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Ken Soroos <kensoroos@...> wrote:
Yes, Matt.  The kit includes the as-built Pullman-Standard lettering for Soo Line (and DSS&A for the other kit).
Ken Soroos

On May 7, 2021, at 8:39 AM, Matthew Hurst <handbt33@...> wrote:

Any chance that Soo line car has 1940s era lettering included?
Just wondering.
Thanks
Matthew Hurst

On May 7, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Eric Hansmann <wrote:
Resin Car Works has released a couple new HO scale freight car kits. The release announcement for the L&N steel gondola and Soo/DSS&A boxcar kits is posted on the RCW blog.

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts