Re: A busy time at the team track Chicago 1934

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:22 PM, jace6315 wrote:
I wonder what was so noteworthy about several carloads of soap that the brass hats and the photographer came out to the team track on a cold day in Chicago in the 1930's.

Actually, the photo is in Milwaukee. Could be that far north soap that you didn't have to make yourself from bear grease and wood ashes was still a novel concept in 1934. More likely the sales rep for Rinso wanted to run a newspaper ad showing that the city was all washed up now that Rinso was in town, and arranged for all his accounts to come to the team track when the photographer was there. That likely also explains why all the trucks and wagons are turned to display their owners names. I bet the Al Capone look-alike in the light colored hat is the sales rep, wondering how much longer the photographer is going to spend taking this photo and what the bill is going to be.

Dennis Storzek