Re: Linde "Boxcar"

Bob,

The LIFE photo of LAPX 131 is very interesting. This is a rare view of one of the early General American 9' 5" cars, LAXP 101-599 (271 left in October 1958). Nice view of the interior too. It is the only FCR Linde car I've ever seen without a herald or other branding, and I wonder if this was carefully airbrushed out by the magazine staff to avoid looking like a product endorsement. Anyone know of a builder's photo for this block of cars that might show the lack of the diamond herald?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 12:30 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
My late father-in-law worked for Union Carbide so I collect photos of their cars.
Here is what I have for you on LAPX cars.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Attachments: