Re: NYC 92075

Schleigh Mike

Oh My Goodness!

I thought this sounded familiar!  Ted Culotta models this car in his Volume Four of Prototype Railroad Modeling.  Have at it Ken----Mike Schleigh

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 04:05:07 PM EDT, Schleigh Mike via groups.io <mike_schleigh@...> wrote:

Ken,

This is a 50-6  10-6 Boxcar with end doors.  Others will no doubt provide more details.

Mike Schleigh  Grove City, Penna.

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 03:53:46 PM EDT, Ken Soroos <kensoroos@...> wrote:

In Clark Propst’s listing from an M&StL Seal Book record for the Hopkins Minneapolis Moline plant, on January 3, 1950 NYC car 92075 is listed with the lading “Carbide.”  I don’t have an ORER available to pin it down, but would like to know what car type it was at that time and, if possible, see an image of a car from its number series.  I believe that carbide would have been transported there in bulk to produce acetylene to be combined with oxygen for use in welding and/or metal cutting.  Thanks in advance!

Ken Soroos