Re: Photo: Soldiers Unloading NYC Boxcar (1917)

Chad Rogers

When I was in service & assigned to duty as a Battalion Armorer when transporting weapons &/or ammunition or other sensitive items we were to carry a firearm, typically a pistol. Perhaps similar. Back then could also be money shipments for payday activities or whatever they called it back then.

Be well,

Chad C. Rogers
Jefferson City, Tenn. USA

On May 13, 2021, at 16:43, SamClarke via groups.io <samc@...> wrote:

Tony and group,

I noticed the guy standing next to the wagon, perhaps an officer with his back to us, is wearing a sidearm, must be a rowdy group (18-19 of them) or a high crime area?

Maybe he’s the only one the Army trusts with a gun…

Sam Clarke

R&D / Tech Advisor / Artist

Kadee Quality Products Co.

mail@...