Re: Oil Paints

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Norm Larkin notes:

I think Schuyler Larrabee mentioned this when this thread was discussed
before, but Bill Darnaby's articles on weathering in the April and May
1979
issues of RMC provide all the info you need to weather with artist's oils.
Yes. I would also note that Mike Rose...who Ned Carey references...has done
a weathering clinic at Prototype Rails three times at Cocoa Beach,
FL...couldn't resist getting that in. Mike prefers oils because, for one
thing, they are very forgiving. If he gets something wrong...out comes the
mineral spirits...even a significant period of time later. I believe Mike
does all of his oil work with hand brushes.

Mike Brock