Re: Journal Oil Modeling - was "Resemble Grease"

Tony Thompson

Matt Goodman wrote:

The attached photo has my good-enough oily wheel face - Tamiya German Gray.

    I have settled on this same color for wheel faces. From my own observations and from photos, the wheel face should NOT be dead black. And remember that the oil spillage was a dust and dirt magnet. Whatever color it is, it ought not to be glossy, IMO. I have worried far less about the inside faces of wheels (Richard Hendrickson had a "dirty rust" color for those areas), because one can rarely see them.

Tony Thompson