Re: NYC 499680 flat and other flat cars at Joy Manufacturing Co (undated)

Jeffrey White

There was a mine near Casey IL that was served by the IC and the Q. Don't know if the town was named for the legendary Mudville 9 player though......

Jeff White

Alma IL

On 5/16/2021 6:39 PM, Eric Hansmann wrote:
Just don’t ship them to Mudville.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On May 16, 2021, at 6:37 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Jeff White wrote:

That's interesting.  Joy Manufacturing has (maybe had by now) a plant near me in Mt Vernon IL where they make mining equipment for the mines in Southern Illinois.  I had no idea they were also in West Virginia.  I'm still looking for some 1950s era HO scale mining machines to make a couple flat car loads.

  Jeff, just put the Joy emblem on some big crates . . . and you're there.

Tony Thompson