Re: CP345227 drop bottom gon in coal service in West Virginia (!)

Gavin

Actually, CPR had a deal with C&O for steam coal to Montreal and points surrounding, as much of CPRs coal operations were west of the Rockies. CPR even built a class of gondola specifically to interchange, called the Big Otis.

On Sun, May 16, 2021, 4:38 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
Claus Schlund wrote:

Hi List Members,

CP345227 drop bottom gon in coal service in West Virginia (!)

I didn't think these cars traveled into the USA, apparently I was wrong

Officially, it was against the rules (unless the car is bound for Canada). Unofficially . . . well . . .

Tony Thompson