Re: putty to smooth a joint between two sections of a plastic model

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Thanks everyone for the very useful replies.

I went with Fenton Wells' suggestion and made a trip out to Walmart - bought some BONDO GLAZING & SPOT PUTTY. It cost all of $3.54 before tax - wow!

I put it on the model, and it went on very smoothly. My usual technique for applying putty is to take a wooden matchstick, and carve the end into a micro-spatula shape - I then use this to apply the putty to the model. This technique worked well with the BONDO.

I'll let everything fully cure overnight, then tomorrow will use chisel blades and a sanding stick to get it to where it needs to be.

Claus Schlund