Re: CB&Q XM-32 box cars

O Fenton Wells

Looking good Clark. What SC II paint do you recommend?
Fenton

On May 19, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

I picked these two box cars up from a late friend’s collection. Both are RTR. This 'class' of box cars had a long run and many changes took place over time. I have the Q bulletin on these cars, but I, at least, don't think it was written with the modeler in mind.  With the help of Nelson Moyer I was able to more accurately portray these models. The 17ooo series is by Branchline Trains and only needed it’s trucks replaced. This car would be super new at the time I model. The 32ooo series is an Intermountain car, which because of it’s generic nature needed to have several detail parts replaced. For something different I weathered the model with tinted Dullcote and colored pencils. I’ll talk about these cars in more detail during the next HS2020 meet.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa
<CB_Q XM-32s.jpg>