Re: Photo: Hauser-Stander Tank Cars (1926)

Jim Betz

Jack,

  No, but I might pay to ship 10 tons of water in order to ship 30 tons of salt - if it
made loading and unloading and moving the salt something you could pump or
transfer by flowing/pouring?  I don't know the process for 'purifying' salt (taking
it from something you mined to something you can use - perhaps that process
needs some liquid product other than water?  Maybe combining the salt with
something else will remove an 'impurity' that is useful and is liquid - I'm thinking
of a chemical reaction that separates out some product or other ... perhaps a
product that is 'unique' to this particular salt mine?
                                                                                          - all speculation ... Jim