Re: Photo: Gondola & Flat Car (Circa 1940s)

Jeffrey Gray

On the Monon gondola. That end is interesting. I would think that a pattern like that for the press die would be expensive to make. And then on a Composite car too?

-------- Original message --------
From: "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: 5/22/21 11:05 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Gondola & Flat Car (Circa 1940s)

Photo: Gondola & Flat Car (Circa 1940s)

Photo from the Indiana Historical Society:

https://images.indianahistory.org/digital/collection/p16797coll35/id/1740/rec/48

Click on the arrows and scroll to enlarge.

While the main subject of this photo is the delivery of ice to a Monon train, notice the gondola with a spiral end discussed here before and a flat car with a possible granite or other stone load.

Another example of the spiral end:

http://monon.org/bygone_site/mines/CIL33149LittleBettyLinton-0001.jpg

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA