Re: NORTHERN PACIFIC WAR EMERGENCY BOXCARD

WILLIAM PARDIE

Hi Rich:

Hope you are doing well..  Have you heard anything from Jerry Glow lately?  We worked on a project for a while and it finally came together.  I sent a check and followed up several weeks later even it had not been cashed.  He cashed it about a week later and said it would ship the following week.  This was over a month ago  and I sent an email hoping that it had not been lost in the mail. I did not receive a reply.  I'm concerned not for the loss of funds but hoping that he is OK.

Bill

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/13/21 5:03 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NORTHERN PACIFIC WAR EMERGENCY BOXCARD

Bill, Here is the info on the difference, from RPI

The Northern Pacific got War Emergency cars in '44, but these were only 7-panel box cars with a Howe truss, not the 9 panel Pratt truss of what I call a true "War Emergency" car Tim O'Connor said the NP got these in '44. Ted Culotta said that Pullman built series 28000-28749, which had black ends, and Pressed Steel built series 28750-28999. These had Superior doors and rectangular panel roofs with wood running boards Culotta also pointed out that these NP cars were the largest class of War Emergency cars on a single road, representing 1,000 cars.

Rich

On Saturday, 13 March 2021, 08:15:28 pm GMT-6, WILLIAM PARDIE <pardiew001@...> wrote:

The NP 28000 series war emergency boxcars were seen with both black and box car red ends.  Was there any rhyme or reason as to which got what?

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.