Re: Brake Levers/Rods Arrangement and Attachment

lrkdbn

I'm sorry I'm not set up to scan stuff so I can't send you a sketch,,but i would say to look at the picture I sent of the overturned Frisco hopper. Just above the truck you can see the horizontal lever and its hangers.There would be a similar lever at the other end with a fulcrum bracket. I have never worried about the exact configuration of this because, located between the wheels as it is, unless your'e modeling finescale you can only model the center part of the levers and the connecting rod on account of wheel clearance.It occurs to me another source of actual brake arrangement drawings is Bob Webber at the Illinois Railway Museum.His email is <cz17@...>
Larry King