Re: PLASTIC CEMENTS

John Sykes III

I use technical grade methylene chloride for very fast bonding and MEK when I need a few seconds of working time.  Methylene chloride was the original ingredient in Tenax 7R and MicroWeld before they converted to "non-hazardous" ingredients.  Non-hazardous is a joke, these ingredients are less hazardous than the old ingredients, but are definitely not 100% non-hazardous.  Methylene chloride works well on some plastics that are hard to weld with other cements (ABS).  For delrin and similar plastics I use a two step process with Loctite 770 surface prep and Loctite 401 CA.

-- John