Re: Shipping Bulk Cement - not on the RR?

Schuyler Larrabee

Yes, I knew of one when I was ~10 years old and those were BIG HEAVY TRUCKS.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Betz
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2021 12:03 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Shipping Bulk Cement - not on the RR?

Hi,
  Although not directly related to the topic of this list - I have no other good
place to ask ...

  If you have a cement plant and it is shipping bagged in box cars and bulk
in hopper cars ... how did it ship to a local Concrete plant that was not
rail served?

  It seems to me its highly unlikely that they shipped bagged cement to a
ready mix plant that wasn't on an RR.  Do you know of such a plant and
how it got/gets its bulk cement?
                                                                                - Jim