From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clark Propst via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 5:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Shipping Bulk Cement - not on the RR?

I don't know when barrels gave way to cloth sacks, but would believe it was before WWII. Paper bags came in the early 50s I believe? Cement was sold by the barrels for years after. 4 sacks to a barrel @ 94lbs a sack you can do the math for the weight of a barrel  ;  ))

Cement company logos were designed to fit on a barrel lid.

Clark Propst