Re: C&O 40ft steel gondola and a flat with removable milk containers - Renovo PA 1952

Charles Greene

Steve,

Yeah, I noticed the tender, at least from the angle of the photo, seems to have a fairly small coal space. I looked at the shots I have in a couple of books and didn't find such a tender on an H-class engine. I've seen at least one H at the museum at Strasburg, PA. Don't remember which subclass it is. Wonder if shop forces at the RR across the road would add it to their to-do list! Would be a reasonably-sized engine to pull those passenger trains....or maybe the E6s (?).

            -Chuck

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:07 PM pennsylvania1954 <stevehprr@...> wrote:
Hi Chuck--Almost certainly an H9s with that tender. By 1952 there were only H9s and H10s classes.
--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL