Re: Blacksmith Car

Charles Peck

I would see a blacksmith and his car as attached to a Bridge Gang, sometimes called B&B.  Little need for forge work
and making parts on the spot for minor on the road repair.  On the road repair, as I see it, would most likely be draft
gear and truck work, or maybe brakes.  That sort of thing could largely be handled with standard parts.  No need to make
parts on site.
Chuck Peck

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 6:31 AM Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@...> wrote:
Folks,

I recently read a narrative by a professional railroader about a car used to repair bad order cars in place. This car, and its crew? one guy?, would be hauled  by a freight train to repair a car on-site. Would this car be the same as a blacksmith car? The description was of a car with a living space on one end, and tool storage on the other.

Scott Haycock