Re: Updated 1944 USRA single sheathed cars

Jim Gates

This list shows 9760 assigned to the Pennsylvania. Other sources say 9900. The ORER for October 1944 apparently shows more than the 9760 still running. Where were the other 140?

Jim Gates
On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 08:28:01 AM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

These later tabulations of the USRA single-sheathed boxcars are great resources. As a starting point, the original USRA car assignment details are available on this resource page.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 06/15/2021 7:06 PM John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

Update: Thanks to Jim Gates eagle eyes, I removed the PRR 83589 X25 series I misread as X26 and updated the totals in the text and table.  The updated info is in the Blog at the location below.  22201 SS USRA cars in Oct 44 with 9765 PRR X26s.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA