From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "BRIAN PAUL EHNI via groups.io" <bpehni@...>
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:15 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Pickle Car - further question

Correction. The Heinz cars were tubs, but this photo shows they may have been enclosed.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io" <schuyler.larrabee@...>
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

My original follow-on question to the photo that started this thread was intended to suggest some other users of the circular tub variety of pickle cars that would have been seen in the northeast, PA, NY, and neighboring states..  I was, perhaps, a little to elliptical in my rather vague question.  Any suggestions now that I’m being more specific?

Schuyler

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Eric Hansmann <eric@...>
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 11:57 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

David,

I'll have three pickle and food production plants to serve on my future layout with HJ Heinz, Lutz & Schramm, and Cruikshank Brothers. Have you stumbled across details for cars that transported pickles from the field plants to Lutz & Schramm and Cruikshank Brothers in Pittsburgh, Penna.?

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 06/23/2021 9:08 PM David Leider <sooauthor@...> wrote:

Sguire-Dingee was a Chicago company, but had salting stations all over the midwest as w3ell as subsidaries in other parts of the US. Pickle cars of this type were used all over to pick up salted pickles for further processing
David Leider