Re: Vallejo galvanized paint color

Tim O'Connor

That's my mix too!

I still have some Floquil colors which work beautifully for weathered galvanized metal.

But brand new galvanized metal is very shiny. And really old stuff is sometimes almost
white perhaps from constant exposure to the sun.

On 6/25/2021 11:46 AM, James Brewer wrote:
Brian,

I've no experience with Vallejo but many years ago, in an article by Mont Switzer, he recommended a 50:50 mix of silver and reefer grey.  I followed his advice, on a Monon steam era freight car, and was  pleased with the result.

Jim Brewer

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:34 AM Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation of a Vallejo color that would replicate the look of galvanized metal? I was going through online charts but nothing was standing out. Have to paint some steam era freight cars.

Brian J. Carlson

Sterling, Massachusetts