Re: Walthers HO Scale Gondola

Patrick Wade

I found this on the web after a search by Walther's stock number.

"The Walthers 40' Gondola was first offered in the spring of 1986.  The first annual catalog appearance is the 1987 edition.  Six roadnames (CB&Q, D&RGW, Erie, PRR, SP, and Wabash), plus an Undecorated example were offered in '86 in kit form with a retail price of $4.95 each."

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 4:03 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Walthers HO Scale Gondola

I picked-up a Walthers forty-foot SP gondola, stock # 932-3805. The very low price, replacement sill steps, replacement metal wheels and good weathering job were the selling points.

Walthers no longer offers this car.

So, given that it is a Walthers model, is there any chance this car is based on or reasonably close to an actual prototype?

And is the model original to Walthers or did another firm sell the original tooling to them?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA