Re: Photo: Pickle Car - further question

John Barry

Eric,

Check the listing of reporting marks in the back of your ORERs that are missing the L&S cars.  Not all private car owners listings appeared in every ORER.  When a company had cars but wasn't listed in that edition, there was a mark like the dagger symbol indicating such.  I discovered that with True's Oil Company, TOCX, which had the same 3 compartment car forever, but it only showed up in half of the ORERs I checked.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 03:49:39 PM EDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Thank you, David. I caught up with the details in your book. I am focused on 1926 so both companies would be independent.

The ownership table on page 132 of your book indicates ten Lutz & Schramm cars in December 1926, but I do not see a listing for L&S in the October 1926 or May 1925 ORERs. I don’t understand why there isn’t a listing in either ORER. I see L&S in the June 1917 ORER, but not in the two issues I have from the mid-1920s.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN