Re: A B&M USRA composite gon at a coal mine in West Virginia (undated)

Schuyler Larrabee

Hey, isn’t that B&M composite very close to the Walthers gon that was getting so much disrespect on this list a week or so ago?  Certainly in the “close enough” category.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 12:49 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] A B&M USRA composite gon at a coal mine in West Virginia (undated)

I massaged the image in Photoshop by adjusting levels and sharpening a bit. See the attached.

It's great to see several gondolas loaded and on the ready track at this coal mine.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 07/02/2021 9:57 AM Dave Parker via groups.io <spottab@...> wrote:

Claus and group:

The B&M gon is one of 733 (of the original 1500) that was rebuilt with 4-rib dreadnaught ends in 1933 (as per the late Tim Gilbert) and given the rectangular B&M herald.  The car looks to be in fairly good repair, so I would guess mid-30s or so.

Photos of these cars are rare, and this is the first I have seen of one off-line.

Thanks for sharing.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA