From: Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jul 2, 2021 11:12 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Pickle Car - further question

Thanks, Todd, very useful information!

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Todd Sullivan via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 1:07 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

Hey Schuyler,

This isn't about a pickle car per se, but there was a Bloch & Guggenheim pickle works on the PRR Elmira Branch at Seneca Castle, NY.  It was still there in the early 1990s when I was researching that line.  There were a lot of pickle cucumbers grown in that area, also a lot of cabbage used for making sauerkraut.  There were sauerkraut plants along the Elmira Branch, also.  Cabbage was occasionally shipped in stock cars.

Todd Sullivan