Re: Photos: Hills Brothers Coffee Boxcars

Tony,

Although I never met Richard, we did correspond from time to time. He was always gracious and generous with his knowledge and his photos. To me he will always be "Richard", never "Dick". In fact, if he hadn't disliked being called so in the train world, I would have used his academic title and last name.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 5:30 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
On an unrelated point, I was recently looking at old PROTOTYPE MODELER articles on TrainLife, and stumbled across one on Santa Fe freight car detailing written by "Dick Hendrickson". I have no doubt this was one of Richard's early pieces.

     Actually, Richard very much disliked the nickname “Dick” and really argued with the then-editor of PM, to no avail, as the editor wanted the authors to seem “accessible.”

Tony Thompson