Mystery boxcar

Friends,

I did a blow up of the cars in front of the Hills Brothers Coffee plant in San Francisco from one of the photos we discussed. Can anyone identify the wooden boxcar in this clip? With all wooden ends, it is definitely NOT HBCX 161 or 162. It might be an earlier boxcar they owned, or it could be an interchange car from another railroad.

Interestingly, I don't see HBCX on Ian Cranstone's list of reporting marks, though he does list HBKX for Hills Brothers from 7/1932-7 1937. An error maybe, or another mystery? Can anyone check ORERS for this? I only have 1958, and Hills Brothers are not listed there.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆