Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund