From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Townsend via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 8:03 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: FGEX 10883 (Circa 1948-1952)

I'm going to stick with my original view. I enlarged the photo considerably and I see a line below each of the horizontal rivet rows that seems to be the bottom of the steel sheet. The vertical lines of rivets secure the side sheets to the internal framing structure of the car. On a riveted-side car these would be present regardless of the orientation of the side sheets. What I don't see are any vertical seams that would indicate seams between vertical side sheets.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, OR