Re: Southern Boxcar 3218

O Fenton Wells

Gary, I don't have that book nor do I have a photo of the car you are talking about but my 1951 SRR ORER shows series 3200-3239 were 40'-6" ft wd express cars with steel underframe, class BX.  That's as much help as I can offer.  I've never seen a photo of one.
Fenton

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Kalmbach’s Steam’s Lost Empire 2 at page 93 has a David Morgan overhead picture of a Ps-4 leaving Lynchberg, VA with the first car behind it a Southern boxcar 3218 that appears to have a vent square to the left side of the door at roof level.  Is it an express boxcar?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

--
Fenton Wells